Monday, March 4, 2013

March Snow,and a New Crocheted Blanket

Wow,I can't believe it's March now! Time for St. Patrick's Day,and Easter,because it falls on March 31st this year. That would be the reason behind all the Easter stuff that's already up in the house.  =)  It snowed a few inches more this past weekend,but my dad and I were still able to go browse around the antique shops around here. I got a few postcards,two Garfield Easter ornaments (rather happy about that),a couple Easter bunny plush toys,three pieces of sheet music for $1.00 each (one was originally priced at $25.00! O_O),a vintage spinning top toy that apparently tips over onto its stick if you spin it fast enough (even though I still haven't gotten it to do that) for 0.25 cents,a Sailor Moon VHS tape...etc...etc. Anyway,now onto the crocheted blanket part of this post! I found a photo of a big crocheted granny square blanket on the Internet the other day. I had already seen this idea before,but I never thought I would make myself one. Well,a few days ago,I finally started one! I'm only using machine-washable,worsted (or as close to worsted) weight yarn for it. I already have a fairly good-sized square going,but I've begun to notice something. This is going to take me forever! It takes me quite a while to finish one row...oh,well. I guess that is my fault,for starting one. Hey,at least it helps to get rid of some of the yarn stash!  =) Well,I guess that's it. Here are the links for Garfield,and the Sailor Moon VHS tape.

Garfield:http://www.garfield.com/
Sailor Moon vhs tape:http://www.amazon.com/Sailor-Moon-The-Movie-Hearts/dp/B00004STAN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362438816&sr=8-1&keywords=sailor+moon+movie+vhs

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment