Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Um...a snowman??

Yes you read that correctly. A snowman. A crocheted snowman,that is. My mom and I are heading to a craft fair on November 3rd,and I was trying to think of things to make. Being the snowman collector I am,I decided to make up a crocheted snowman. Here he is!


He isn't going to be sold,though,because he is a prototype,and in this house prototypes rarely get sold. He does have arms,but you can't really see them in the photo. I made up the pattern for him as I went along. He is made of the yarns Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Forest Heather,Lion Brand Wool-Ease Sparkle in White/Multi,Lily Sugar'n Cream in Tangerine,Red Heart Super Saver in Black,and Phentex Merit in Medium Brown (this isn't the official color name,I just made that up). That was a long list! Anyway,I used a size E/4,3.50mm crochet hook for him. The other things I'm thinking of making are these Baby Monsters I made up,plain pumpkins in a variety of colors,and possibly more Christmas items. I'm not sure how much Christmas stuff I want to make for this craft fair,though,because it is more of a fall fair. It also depends on how much time I get to make things,considering Halloween is about two weeks away! 0_0 Oh,well...I guess that is what I get for waiting. Here are the links for the yarn I used for this snowman.
Lion Brand Wool-Ease:http://www.lionbrand.com/yarns/woolease.htm It is for both types.
Lily Sugar'n Cream:http://www.sugarncream.com/product.php?LGC=sugarncream
Red Heart Super Saver:http://www.redheart.com/yarn/super-saver-economy The economy version.
and Phentex Merit:https://www.mercersmarine.com/sagro/storefront/store.php?mode=showproductdetail&product=1460 I have never bought anything from this store,but I thought their page would give more information. Now,when it comes to the Halloween decorations being put up,the majority of the inside of the house has been decorated,and part of the Halloween display has gone up outside. I still have to take a few photos of the Halloween display,though. I'm not sure if I will be able to make much more Halloween plushies this year,but you never know. I might get tired of making stuff for the craft fair.  =)  Well,I believe that is it,for now. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment