Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Story of Cindy and Debbie

Cindy and Debbie were found in my great grandparent's attic,which is now our family home. My mother found them in a pile of papers and books. They were in pretty bad shape,dirty,and had been chewed on by mice. She was going to throw them out. She then put them in a pile destined for the trash bin,and kept on cleaning.As my mother started to go down the attic stairs,she heard something fall behind her. It was Cindy and Debbie,laying on the stairs! Looking at them,she decided to see if she could save them. That was in the year 1982.

Cindy and Debbie spent the next ten years in a closet,waiting. In 1992,my mother decided in was time to get them out,and fix them up. She was watching some of our family member's children at the time,and after fixing them up,the children decided one would be named Cindy,and the other one would be named Debbie.

Cindy and Debbie are pictures from calendars that date to the years 1908 (Cindy),and 1909 (Debbie). The frames were also found in my great grandparents home. The lace that is around Cindy is also from the early 1900's. Here are the girls photos.


 This is Cindy,
and this is Debbie.

I hope you enjoyed this story.

p.s. This story is mainly written my my mom,but I changed and lengthened it a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment